Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Cupcake Stop at Magnolia Bakery in NYC! Review

Magnolia Bakery in NYC located at 1240 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY

On my Cupcake Mission the third stop for me was in NYC on Black Friday......I know New York..Black Friday...what was I thinking!?!?  It actually wasn't that bad.  This Bakery on the other hand was BUSY!  I can't imagine they aren't everyday though.  And Yes, I did say this was my third stop on My Cupcake Mission.  I will be blogging about my first two trips to different bakeries but was so excited to get this one in that well....I skipped the first two!

First of all the window decor is just the cutest thing ever.  My 3 year old who loves any and everything to do with tu-tus and purple was loving this display.  You can imagine her excitement when actually walking into the bakery and finding that there were Cupcakes inside!  This Bakery is so cute, friendly staff, and the layout was nicely planned. 

I wish I would have had a chance to take any pictures of the inside but since it was Black Friday, well enough said.  What I can tell you about the inside is that it isn't very big which is the story of most restaraunts and bakeries in Manhattan.  When you walk in the door to your left will be different sections for ordering.  They have cakes, pies, cookies, Ice Box Cakes, and of course Cupcakes!  The Carrot Cake Cupcake was to die for!!  The Red Velvet was the best beside Crumbs Bakery located just down the street.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I am on this secret mission to try all the Red Velvet Cupcakes from every Bakery in the United States.  I know what ambitious goals I have :)  All joking aside I will definitely be back to get more cupcakes and try other things as well.  I think my dad had a slice of pumpkin pie there which he thought was very good.  Oooooh....Speaking of Pumpkin....their Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese......AMAZING!!! 



Out of the six I tried there wasn't one I didn't like.  I forgot to mention the Red Velvet.  I need to personally address this Cupcake, after all I am on a secret mission.  The Red Velvet as stated above was moist however I love my Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese.  At Magnolia Bakery they make there's with Buttercream.  Some people like Buttercream with there Red Velvet and if you are one of those people you have to try Magnolia Bakery in NYC, the Buttercream was melt in your mouth, so good it could have been Italian Buttercream, Buttercream Icing

My overall Rating for Magnolia Bakery NYC would be an A++


This picture is from the Website of Magnolia Bakery!


No comments:

Post a Comment